At TMJ Japan, we prefer to build long-term relationships with our customers. This allows us to provide a better product as we gain a deeper understanding of your needs.
Part of building these relationships is being as transparent as possible about interpretation and translation prices. Calculating fees for language services depends on the characteristics of the assignment. There is no “one size fits all” approach.
Calculating the actual per-word or per-character fee for your translation project depends on several factors. We believe in providing high-quality translations, but can adjust priorities depending on your needs. After clarifying your requirements, we can present a proper price.
Use the following numbers and considerations to estimate the translation prices for your project, and CONTACT US for a final price determination.
Japanese-to-English Translation Prices: 11-21 yen per Japanese character.
English-to-Japanese Translation Prices: 18-41 yen per word.
Quality Requirements. We have three levels of quality–
- “Best Quality” is the level used for important documents, press releases, and similar items. TMJ Japan assigns translators with 15+ years of experience to these projects.
- “Normal Quality” is the level used for documents appropriate for customers. TMJ Japan assigns translators with 7+ years of experience to these projects.
- “Cost Emphasis” is the level used for for internal documents and similar projects. TMJ Japan assigns translators with 3+ years of experience to these projects.
Delivery Time. Our translators need time to produce high-quality translations. We can help with a short-notice translation project, but express fees of +10-+35% may apply.
Legal Requirements. Accuracy and fluency are very important for legal documents and contracts.
Continuity. Single-source projects are easier to translate consistently. Documents from multiple sources often have their own terminology, phrases, keywords, etc. for the same concepts. Our translators must match these terms to produce a quality translation.
TMJ is connected to interpreters around the world. From Silicon Valley to Sweden to Shanghai, our network can help you communicate with your counterparts and build your business across borders.
Use the following numbers to estimate the interpretation fees for your project, and CONTACT US for a final price determination. We accept interpretation support requests until the day before your event.
To work with large groups, our interpreters use a Panaguide radio set. A Panaguide trunk kit is available for rent from our offices.
Simultaneous and Sequential Interpreter (Conference Interpretation Level A):
- Domestic (Japan), half-day (4 hours): 55,000 yen
- Domestic (Japan), full day (8 hours): 88,000 yen
- Overseas, half-day (4 hours): 75,000 yen
- Overseas, full day (8 hours): 140,000 yen
Panaguide Rental (Receiver)
- 2 days 1 night: 1400 yen
- 3 days 2 nights: 1600 yen
- 4 days+: 300 yen/day
Panaguide Rental (Transmitter)
- 2 days 1 night: 2400 yen
- 3 days 2 nights: 3400 yen
- 4 days+: 500 yen/day
Shipping Charges Apply (5 kg case)